22nd FAMILY MEDICINE SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE 2019
“TRANSFORMING HEALTH, PREVENTING DISEASES”
31st JULY – 3rd AUGUST 2019
CALL FOR FREE PAPER ABSTRACTS
Abstract Submission ‐ Guidelines
The abstract submission guidelines for the 22nd Family Medicine Scientific Conference (22 FMSC) are intended to provide clear instructions before submitting an abstract. You are kindly requested to carefully read the guidelines stated below. The 22ndFMSC Scientific Committee (SC) and Advisory Board (AB) maintain the right to reject any abstract that does not meet below requirements or is in violation of them.
DEADLINE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
The deadline for abstract submission is on 31st May 2019. Submissions received after this deadline will not be considered. Abstracts will only be included in the abstract book if the registration fee is paid before 31st May 2019.
GENERAL ABSTRACT GUIDELINES
- All abstracts should be sent to email@example.com
- The Scientific Committee (SC) encourages the submission of original scientific material unpublished at the time of the abstract submission
- Do not submit the same study in multiple Abstracts that appear as more than one version of a single study will be rejected.
- Abstracts should be submitted in clear English to allow the reviewers to focus on the scientific content of the
- Abstracts should be checked for grammar and spelling Abstracts will not be modified once submitted.
ABSTRACT REVIEW AND SELECTION
Abstract submitted should have significant content regarding Primary Care. A panel of local experts will review the abstracts. Each abstract will be reviewed independently and by the committee before being accepted. There is no limit to the number of submissions per participant. The corresponding author will receive a confirmation of acceptance for oral presentation or poster by e‐mail before 30th June 2019. Authors of abstracts selected for an oral presentation will be informed about the date of the session and presentation guidelines will be provided. Poster presenters will be informed about the date of the poster session and will receive guidelines for their presentation. All accepted abstracts will be published in the abstract book.
Withdrawal policy: If authors wish to withdraw their abstracts, they are requested to send a letter via e‐mail to the conference secretariat before 15th June 2019.
Prior to abstract submission, ensure that the following are agreed upon by all authors:
- Aware that their names will appear on the abstract and all authors agree to the submission and presentation of the results.
- Understand that the poster and/or oral presentation may be photographed, videotaped and / or recorded via other media during presentation.
- Understand that all possible patent and copyright issues must be resolved before submission.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
Authors – Please follow instructions for all author and co‐author details. Type the full name, affiliation, and complete address, for EVERY author listed. The name of the presenting author should be underlined.
Abstract title: The title should be explicit.
Abstract body – Narrative: The abstract narrative should be no more than 250 words. Use Times New Roman font size 12, and single spacing. Please define all abbreviations and concepts in your abstract at first use. The abstract should include the following:
- Aims / Background: Indicating the objective(s) of your investigation / research question.
- Methodology: An explanation of the study design and experimental methods used.
- Results: The essential results observed in summary form. Sufficient quantitative data and statistical tests should be presented. Statements like “to be completed” are not acceptable.
- Conclusion: Conclusion should be supported by the findings within your results.
- Keywords: Not more than 3.
- Mode of presentation– Upon submitting the abstract, the preferred mode of presentation should be selected. Presentation preference can be: oral (O) or poster (P). The final mode of presentation is at the discretion of the SC.
ORAL PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
Time allocated: Oral presentations is 8 minutes plus 2 minutes for questions from the judges.
POSTER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
Dimensions A0 Size in Portrait (Approximately 118.9 cm x 84.1 cm)
Format and Required Information Poster material should be well labeled and
visible from a distance of 10 feet. The title should be the same as the title
submitted in the abstract.
Guidelines for Presenters: Velcro tapes needed for mounting posters will be provided upon request. Each author is responsible for mounting and removal of their own presentation.
The organizer will not be responsible for any poster that may be damaged or lost upon removal.
Download the submission form here (click)